Sunday, September 03, 2006

I won't know until You tell me
I won't move until you breathe,
I'll stay wrapped up in this mistake
unless you start to seethe,

inside my veins and lungs,
unbearable and holy.
I will deny everything
until I can't deny you.

oh please, come nearer still
oh you are all there is.
to be found is to be lost in you
I'll never, never love again
the same way I have loved in you.
this is the first, this is the last
that damned ghost from christmas past,
a fiery rupture and icy blast.
don't let me go, don't leave my side
stretch all my fingers, open my eyes
and touch me, somewhere, deep inside.

and faithless as it may be,
suffer me to put my fingers in your side
if that is what it takes to be sure,
o baby Jesus in a manger.

oh there is nothing besides you
but i am such a void.
oh fill this gaping grave,
fill my soul, fill my soul...

please come inside, I'm sorry,
there's nothing to make you stay.
you're all i want,
and i'm nothing more
than a corpse rocked against a dauntless shore
a clonking ore, an apple core,
and oh, it is sore.
please make me nothing more or less
than a child who's reached by your tender kiss.

Amen

5 Comments:

At 11/10/2006 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back!

:-)

MISSED YOU!

:D

<3
Deedles

 
At 11/10/2006 11:23 AM, Blogger Hannah Strauss said...

lara! how i miss you! but... i'm seeing you in two days!!
i think you could be a poet for a living if you really turned your mind to it. but you're a very multi-talented person, so that could be said for many things.
i like your writing because it's honest. it doesn't put on airs. you can always tell when words are like that, empty, you know? just like people. there just to look (sound) good.

 
At 11/15/2006 3:07 PM, Blogger Tala Azar said...

you WROTE THAT?

oh my lara, that was absolutely absolutely stunning.

i have nothing else to say. kisses, 'sweet light of my eyes!'

 
At 11/19/2006 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't have words, but i loved that.
and i miss you alot, hugs

 
At 11/29/2006 10:23 AM, Blogger Janelle said...

hey you, i miss you a lot, we should get together cause i havne't seen you in i think about 2342345284752089457 years.
how's school going, and life, and everything else?
call me sometime.
love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home