Thursday, July 06, 2006

Sometimes, when I get tired of crawling on all fours and I feel like the city is gonna swallow me up I come out here, and...I feel like, anything can happen up here. I can, be president, I can lick the stars, suck the moon? Oh man, I'm weird right?...what do you wish?
...I wish, my mother were still alive.
...Oh..I know...
...When I was little, I told my mother I wanted to be a doctor, a veterinarian. She smiled at me, and she said, darling, you're gonna be, the best veterinarian in the world...
You are, I know you are, I feel it.
No, because she's gone now.


Antonio and Nina, Sueno

It's amazing, what pain can do. How it can paralyze us, and lock us up. How we let it do that to us...how we throw away the future because of things that have already happened. How hard it is to move on, to trust again, to love again, to feel again. Fear tells us, don't risk it, you're better off in the dark not knowing what you might lose. But, "it's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all."

4 Comments:

At 7/11/2006 6:28 PM, Blogger Hannah Strauss said...

alrighty, i read the post and i got all sobered and i left and didn't comment. then a few days later i came back and read it again and got sobered AGAIN and still didn't comment, and wondered why it still said "0 comments" but then i thought, "well, people find it hard to comment on quotes like that." and then i remembered something EXCITING that tala told me you were planning for august and i thought, I MUST COMMENT, because my whole self got all bubbly and un-sobered, and i wished i could talk to you and squeal about what a good idea it was. do you even know which idea i mean? well right now i'm going to go to sleep, i must arise and shine so early tomorrow, to do music history work. and then practice music, and then practice different music, and then go to my music history class. wooweee. cheers.

 
At 7/12/2006 5:10 AM, Blogger Janelle said...

tralala its like 8:04 and i'm really tired casue i woke up in the middle of the night and like read my book, and i have a cello lesson in like, soon, well i have to leave soon. and GUESS WHAT i had to tell you this, we might be coming to your church either this week or next week? how amazing is that i can see you!! well i dont know which week it is for sure yet but yea but this week or the week after or something. ok bye love you!!

 
At 7/19/2006 7:46 PM, Blogger Lara said...

GAAAH NO BLOGGING FOR ME!
YES I KNOW WHAT IDEA YOU MEAN! I'M EXCITED TOOOOO!!
I'M SPEAKING IN CAPS TONIGHT
JANELLE COME AND WE'LL DRINK STUFF THROUGH STRAWS IN OUR NOSES
<333

 
At 7/19/2006 7:49 PM, Blogger Lara said...

wow, that was loud.
anyway
yeah it is a sobering quote actually hannah, you're right...the end kind of catches me off guard. like, a dead-end. just like, all possibility cut off..its sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home