Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Brand New Colony
by The Postal Service

I'll be the grapes fermented, bottled and
served with the table set in my finest suit
like a perfect gentleman.
I'll be the fire escape that's bolted to the
ancient brick where you will sit
and contemplate your day.

I'll be the waterwings that save you if you
start drowning in an open tab when your
judgement's on the brink.
I'll be the phonograph that plays your favorite
albums back as you're lying there, drifting off
to sleep... drifting off to sleep...

I'll be your platform shoes; undo what heredity's done to you:
you won't have to strain to look into my eyes.
I'll be your winter coat buttoned and zipped
straight to the throat with the collar up so
you won't catch a cold.

I want to take you far from the cynics in this town
and kiss you on the mouth.
We'll cut our bodies free from the tethers of
this scene, start a brand new colony.
Where everything will change, we'll give
ourselves new names. Identities erased.
The sun will heat the grounds, under our bare
feet in this brand new colony.
Brand new colony...

Everything will change, Ooo ooo...
Everything will change, Ooo ooo...
Everything will change, Ooo ooo...


9 Comments:

At 2/08/2006 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet song, i like the postal service:D love youu

 
At 2/09/2006 8:12 AM, Blogger Elysha said...

I haven't heard much of them but I think what I heard I thought was good... hmm. lol. anyways. love you!
lysh

 
At 2/09/2006 11:58 AM, Blogger Janelle said...

yea i haven't heard them at all either. ooh and nice new template thinger!! :D love u
janelle

 
At 2/09/2006 12:23 PM, Blogger Tala Azar said...

woooooooooooooooo postal service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow i really like those lyrics.

but, for some reason, my heart doesn't jump when i read them. hmmm.

hey i had an idea for you. i'll email it. LOVE!

 
At 2/09/2006 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah lol i clicked on your blog and i was like wow, becky posted the same song as lara did, oh wait..this is laras blog. wooooaaaahhh. crazy stuff. anyways, i'll see you tomorow! yay!

 
At 2/13/2006 6:10 PM, Blogger Tala Azar said...

lara. i need a hug.

i'm intimidated by people.

when you discover what someone thinks... you wonder what OTHER people think.

gahhhhhhhhhhhhh

 
At 2/13/2006 6:33 PM, Blogger Estelwen said...

I've never heard that band. somehow the song seemed unremarkable... nice, but not a jump-out-and-grab-you-make-you-cry-at-the-end-of-the-day sort of song. Maybe I'm just too narrow with the music that I listen to. It's a nice song

 
At 2/14/2006 10:53 AM, Blogger Tala Azar said...

heyyyyyyy happpppyyyy v-day

 
At 2/14/2006 5:59 PM, Blogger Lara said...

well I love the song. :P I like it because he's saying "I love you" in such creative and original ways.
estelwen - well, I think you have to really think about it and what he's saying. I think lots of the most profound or, beautiful things people say arent with big words and flowery phrases, they're simple and even mundane in a way. it doesnt quite jump out and grab you but it sinks in and stays. at least for me this song did :P my personal opinion here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home