Tuesday, December 20, 2005

It was exactly what I needed. A walk alone in the library.
I looked on all the levels, in all the sections, finding a few groves of books here and there with topics that really interested me. I especially liked the main floor; it was the largest with rows and rows of shelves crammed with books that smelled funny and had ripped plastic coverings. You could make yourself feel lost in those rows, as if everything you knew was miles away. I liked that feeling. There were books on EVERYTHING. Books on phsycology, history, understanding your teenager, cooking, interpretting your dreams, biographies, medieval music, and Islam. My brain was bubbling - it sounds dorky but I found it thrilling that there was so much information at my finger tips. For an hour I could teach myself about anything - anything that I wanted to know about.
No one knew me. It was great! No one was wondering what I was doing there for an hour by myself. There was no one screaming "YOU'RE TWO MODULES BEHIND IN EVERYTHING BECAUSE OF LAST WEEK!", well, there was one in my head, but I could ignore that. No one else heard it. And no one else could hear the little voice of insecurity in my head either. For all they knew I could have been studying for some big important project. Or from out of town. Or...all sorts of other interesting things you imagine about strangers you see.
In the end I settled down in a corner with a book about mythology of the British Isles. the cover is ugly and stained but everything inside it is bright. I checked it out of the library.

7 Comments:

At 12/21/2005 9:10 AM, Blogger Janelle said...

ooh lookey here i'm the first to comment! i don't think i've ever been the first to comment on your blog :D

ooh i know i love libraries. i haven't been to our library in SO long. i should really go sometime i want to get some books from there...ahhh the wonderfulness of libraries.

ugh i have to teach piano in an hour...and for the whole rest of the day. i'm really looking foward to the holidays when i won't have to teach for TWO WHOLE WEEKS. haha...it's not like i don't like it..it's just it gets tiring after a while, if yno what i mean.

i still haven't emailed you back...but i will soon. i have these deadlines that i have to meet for schoolwork...meh it's so busy gooo awaaaay bussssiness.

ahh i really crave chocolate right now but there's never anything chocolate in my house. it's horrible. pffttt

ok i should go. i love you down to the depths of my being!!!! actually i love you beyond all words. ok farewell lara!!!!

 
At 12/21/2005 11:16 AM, Blogger Elysha said...

i love libraries!!! my brothers are screaming at eachother!!! I have to go do math!!! I love you!!! My cat is rubbing against my leg it's not supposed to be in here right now!!! bye!!!

 
At 12/21/2005 1:07 PM, Blogger Tala Azar said...

mmmmm oh you have a beautiful mind.

i am so emotional right now... nothing is right. sin. sin. sin. sin. i feel helpless...hopeless...

i dont know what to dooooo

i would like to do that right now.

but i want so much.

xxxxxxoooooo

 
At 12/22/2005 11:57 AM, Blogger Tala Azar said...

i dont know what to call it... life?

but i love it. grit and grace.

 
At 12/22/2005 12:55 PM, Blogger Lara said...

hi ho janelle! yes you are the first, mozeltoff :D i forgot how much i loved libraries, i think i liked them a lot when i was tiny. lol theres actually quite a bit of chocolate in the house right now...theres a chocolate kiss sitting here beside me. he's green. i love his funny white-tag hair. tee. anyway, what was i saying..lalala...oh! deadlines, i know, my goodness i'm hardly gonna have a holiday! i need to email you! I love you beyond the moon.<3
lol lysha. caaaaat :D i heart thee too.
thats so cool andrea. :) yeah, people need to slow down...and read.
tala...we talked yesterday...yeah, life...I'm going to email you <3

 
At 12/22/2005 1:30 PM, Blogger Tala Azar said...

going to...... next year? heeehee i love you :) that wasnt meant to be a sarcastic comment, just teasing you

 
At 12/22/2005 2:13 PM, Blogger Lara said...

one day late is not a year ;) love you too, i enjoy teasing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home