Friday, May 26, 2006

to lysha

<3 happy sixeenth love <3


sixteen sixteen sixteen sixteen sixteen sixteen sixteen sixteen sixteen sixteen sixteen sixteen sixteen sixteen sixteen sixteen ahhh lysh. where to begin? has it been four years? it makes me smile to think things this amazing last like that. yes yep. well i guess i should start off by saying what a great friend you are, since, that's just what you are. you're always there to talk to and help me with my problems, and pray. and it's funny, i used to think being really close with someone meant never fighting; but our friendship (and most others) proved me wrong. it also proved wrong my idea of misunderstandings being unrepairable.

man, i want...to see you. k, you'll probably think i forgot about your bday cause this wasnt here yesterday lol but i didn't!! i thought about you all day yesterday. yessiree, i did. and i missed you. sixteen always sounded old but now it doesn't; but it sounds a lot more beautiful than i ever hoped it would. speaking of beautiful....
stop getting prettier. golly, the nerve of you. you just don't know when to stop!

so i thought of mailing you a gift. it tickled me to death. i'd fedex it (cause that's what people with urgent packages do. the regular post just won't suffice, everyone who's anyone knows that) and i'd put lots of stamps on it even if i didn't need them. and wrap it in too many layers of something pretty. and i would probably say "i need postage! pronto!" like that. because that's also something urgent people do when mailing things.

know you are loved. i love you. i want you to know how much you mean to me and what a part you have and are playing in my life. how you've helped me and spurred me on. how i cherish you. how i've learned from you. how i'm so glad you're in my life. how you've just been there and how you've grown and how you've...mm..there's not really a word for it, just, when you know someone, and that changes you. love.

i love you.

3 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 6:39 AM, Blogger Elysha said...

awwww an after birthday birthdayness :D makes me so happyy!!! i love you lara.thanks so much. :) sixteen used to seem awfully old to me too... now that I'm here... there seems to be something golden about it. like everyone else I know never seemed to care when they turned 16- as if they'd gotten bored of birthdays and 16 was just any other number. and it... well it is lol. but I feel rather... as if it's some sort of milestone. as if-- purposefully God's taken me this far. And I know He has. :) anyways, I must stop rambling. it's saturday... there is much house cleaning to do, some homework I should do and some pride & prejudice I should delight in (book and movie) before youth group tonight.

much love & thanks!

 
At 5/27/2006 7:25 AM, Blogger Joel f said...

Hey Lysha! Happy (late) birthday! I hope you're enjoying this beautiful weather in all the spanking newness of sixteen!

Lara, I posted your paragraph, with some of my enthusiasm afterwards: www.istaridor.blogspot.com. Thanks a lot!

 
At 6/03/2006 5:13 AM, Blogger kathleen said...

ahhh lysh i love you! and this was a beautiful post! and now i feel bad for not writing a post like this. eeep. but oh i do love lysha.

eee. lysha :D :D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home