Saturday, March 11, 2006

they say life is a breath.
so breathe...


"what?"
"yes, there will always be people who are too nice and will accomodate those with low self-esteem, and people who are too lazy and will not hold you to higher moral standards than they have for themselves. there will always be someone for you to fall in love with, however shallow, selfish, or dim you are. cheer up."

ugly is beautiful, and shy is bold; the cold silence is an invitation and the shrieking laughter is a call for help. we conquer a world when we use our own eyes.

those moments of lucidity when you're brushing your teeth or staring down a red light at an intersection.

you can't acquire it, and therefore you had it all along. but no frost-bitten adage can coax the life out of a single soul. risk your rationality or die a slave to it.

the repeated assurance that its already in you - or that you already are it - stale, comfortless, perpetually applied by your mother while you wince and turn away and feel no divine presence - new or of previous residence -, instead just a grossly swelled feeling inside your chest.

I waited.
wait.

an unfair revival that leaves you turning.

yes, I look forward to a feeling that far surpasses that of a handsome somebody's number written on my palm - or my number on his. no one will be able to barter it to or from me.

if you've given up fighting by the right rules then you've lost already. go away.

I am so ill-disposed to pride that I fear I'll never be capable of having the right kind of it.

"You think I'm like my dad,"
"You are not your dad,"
"Maybe I will be, maybe I'll be just like him."
"Maybe you'll be better."
- Proof

this is your silver lining. help me make it and stitch the numbered days together.

forgive me when I break my promise and do leave you because I think that will help me change; I only do that because its all I know to do - I do it to myself. I don't know how to fix, I've never tried for fear it won't work - so I leave things.

a year ago I would have given you up because of the pain; but I know now, how foolish that would be; how precious you are even when you don't look it.
the same goes for me.

come up.

5 Comments:

At 3/26/2006 12:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

there weren't any comments this morning either. so i still get to be first.
actually, i have nothing to say, and everything. you know what I mean.
there's so much to know about you. and everybody!
i love what I do know about you. you're a mystery too ;)
xoxo

 
At 3/26/2006 6:46 PM, Blogger Tala Azar said...

so i breathed in and couldn't breathe out cuz your words got stuck in my throat

 
At 3/27/2006 7:16 AM, Blogger Elysha said...

leaves me thoughtless and thoughtful. both at once because in some ways you've said it all in others I gain a thousand questions.

hey, are you still coming to co-op? you haven't been for awhile :(. I've had a letter I've been waiting to give you and you haven't been! I think I shall mail it?

 
At 3/28/2006 12:20 PM, Blogger Tala Azar said...

MY DOVE! :( did i miss you? sigh...... :(

i want to talk to you :(

xoxo

 
At 4/04/2006 9:33 PM, Blogger Lara said...

heeey guys :)
yeah, sorry I've been gone for a bit. crazy busy..blaaaah. so sick of being busy. I want to be bored for once. what a funny feeling that would be...
tala, I finally emailed you. and you hannah! oh I miss you both so much!
lysh, hey! I know, I've fallen behind so badly in art for co-op (because I'm taking 7 courses this semester, which is humanly impossible I'm finding). but I may still audit the art courses. gah, just so busy, I'm trying to come, I want to. a letter! but I want to email you. I am emailing you. it just may take a while, sorry. you know me.
love to you all, ox.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home